Sports Premium funding was introduced in 2013 to improve the provision of physical education and school sport.The premium should be used to;
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers.
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining in future years.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across;
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport